Wednesday, August 26, 2009

It has come down to Starbucks

No, I'm not talking about a job at Starbucks! Do not fear! (: Today has been just another day in the Grand Adventure (capitlized because it is just that - grand...as in big, not awesome). Kaylee, my roommate, had her dad over today to try to see what was wrong with our internet only to find that it doesn't work all! So, with that said, we find ourselves at Barne's and Noble in Starbucks bumming off free internet like cyber dumster divers. We hit up one Starbucks and realized we had to pay so we moved on and eventually found a kind soul in the book store who would take us in. Gotta love literature!
As for my day, I got a good start this morning by finding some new postings on the BYU website. They looked promising. They didn't require flipping hamburgers, which is always a plus. Some of you may know how I hate to smell like food. There will be no fryin' in my house! Take it outside, boys. So I went to campus with my faithful sidekick Sophie. It was hot so of course I arrived with a very sweaty back (TMI?) but I sat down for awhile so I could cool off and gain my composure before heading upstairs to take my Office Skills Test for the second time. The first time I took it I was so nervous! Only I would be nervous for a test that I take by myself at a computer that I can take as many times as I want. I am such a basket case sometimes! I'm a stress junky! But I'm working on that one...So I went in calm and collected today and basically dominated. I don't want to brag or anything. Well, ok. I D O M I N A T E D. If I could be a professional data base enterer, I would find my fame in the world. But alas, I'll be content with my peasant-way of life. I was able to apply to some secretary jobs online, one at the BYU Law Office, which would be pretty sweet. I also took some resumes by pretty much all of the rest of the credit unions in sight. Some looked halfway promising! We shall wait and see!
Meanwhile, the war with the evil property management company, whom we will name Rasputin for good villian visual purposes, continues to rage on. Basically Rasputin is not a smart bad guy...think more like the bad guy from Meet the Robinsons. We went to the office, aka the Dungeon, THREE times today, being bounced back and forth between different offices and different people before we got ONE straightforward answer about our internet. This answer only landed us a phone number, a phone call, an unsolved problem, and a promise to go through MORE channels tomorrow to get the superheros to our apartment to fix our wireless! Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh man.
So there you have it, my fine family. Life in Provo as we know it. Freshman are starting to show up. (Was I ever THAT annoying?) People are moving out upstairs (we've seen things flying past our window from the third story all day). And we met our bishop yesterday. He seems pleasant enough! We meet on Sunday at 12:45 in the Cougar Eat. That would be the fast food court for all of you out of the loop. That's right. Only at BYU.
Ok, well our time as parasites at this fine institution is quickly coming to a close. At some point even the bums need to go back to their alley, or their cardboard box. We just go back to our red candlewaxed abode. Home sweet home.
Until next week....
Peace out from Provo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bums need to go back to their allyways and cardboard boxes...OUCH!

Anonymous said...

Luv you...goodnight