Monday, March 22, 2010

Here's to You!

I have so much to do! So naturally, I give my blog a much needed makeover and decide to post after MONTHS! Utterly (great word) despicable. Alas! Like a cat with nine lives (or more like 47) I'm back on my blog and have a renewed drive to enlighten the masses with my wisdom and insight. (Thanks for reading Dad). So here goes another round of letters scrunched together slightly resembling coherent words. Love it.

It's 11:30 p.m. and I've got Rascal Flatts on the iTunes. I'm beyond tired but I can't sleep (and obviously don't find homework to be an acceptable alternative). I have so much on my mind. So many things to think about. So many thoughts. It would be pointless to sleep at this point. Tossing and turning like a salad (yeah, I'm hungry). I could read my scriptures - I should read my scriptures. I will read my scriptures. When I finish my new found love again.

Somehow listening to country music never fails to make me nostalgic and warms some deep inner core that I have within me - somewhere. Maybe it's because Dad used to take me to the radio station while he was Deejaying until midnight. I would fall asleep on the floor, serenaded by the great ones - Garth Brooks, Reba. Don't break my heart, my achy breaky heart. I must have called in and requested that from Dad a million times. I am now offering my official apology to the city of Roseburg for that. Really. I was five. I also am whisked back to summers at home, in high school. Nothing beat a long, hot, hard day at the blueberry farm, jumping into my truck with dirt smeared down my face, sweatmarks making a trail down to my neck, rolling down my window, turning up Rascal Flatts full blast, and then hitting the country road through the valley, headed home. The air smelled like summer. I smelled. Period. But that was the beauty of it! Sigh. I miss it.

Why am I going down memory lane? Seriously. I have so much to do. Maybe it's my escape. My distraction. Ok, I will be good and end this post and only check Facebook ONCE before going to bed. I'm so happy to have another way to get sidetracked. To conclude my first of many blogposts to come in this fine Spring season, I would just like to quote the great Rascal Flatts in a shout-out to my adoring fans (thanks for reading Dad)

You're the heart and the soul and the reason [I] do what [I] do, here's to you!

No comments: