I'm normally a fairly easy going person - well, at least I tell myself that, anyway. Some of you might scoff at that statement. But lately, I've had a couple things of that have just bugged. And I have a bone to pick with them. Unfortunately, for the few who actually read my blog, you will be forced to read my ranting and raving. But don't worry. If at anytime you feel that any of this ranting and raving is directed at you, personally, it probably is. Haha. Kidding. Probably. (: Anyway, in no order of bone density, here are the bones I would like to pick:
1. Long hair at gyms - yesterday I came out of my spin class drenched with sweat and looking oh so pretty, when I saw a skinny, skinny (no, I'm not bitter) blonde with tight spandex, a tank top, and her long straight hair down to the middle of her back. When she walked she flipped it back with her hand (you know what I'm talking about) and of course the eyes of the guys lifting weights followed when she passed. Seriously? Now this is not the first time I've seen girls with long hair, compeltely done up, and their hair down while working out. If it were the only time, I would have chalked it up to being merely a freak incident. But no, I see it quite often at the gym. It's obvious why these girls are there. And you know, if they are there to pick up on guys, then by all means, it's their God-given right. And I have the right to blog about it. I know I am probably just jealous. If I wore my hair down, it would be a frizz ball within 0.7 seconds due to the buckets of sweat I tend to excrete. Maybe next week I'll just have to try it, though. I'll practice the hair flip today at work. Oh wait. I wadded my hair up -- like every day.
2. Education Week - do you rememeber that post I wrote about how EFY kids just kind of got on my nerves? Well, welcome to the week when those EFY kids grow up and STILL serve as the bane of my existence. The campus has been invaded by old people who seek the thrill of reliving their university days (and granted, being spiritually instructed). At least EFY kids tended to walk in a line with leader, so that if needs be, I could dodge all of them with one single sidestep. Old people go wherever they darn please. Oh education week. Oh old people. How I love thee.
3. Bathroom doors that swing in, instead of out - I realize that this may seem like a funny bone to pick (haha...funny bone...). But seriously. I am disgusted by toilet spray. In high school I was editor of our school paper and as such, I basically wrote whatever I darn pleased. So one day I decided (being the germaphobe that I am) to do a undercover investigation of bathroom hygiene. For two hours I stood on the toilet seat of the handicap stall, documenting the number of pee-ers, and listening for how many washed their hands. Disgustingly, that number was about as low as the amount of food I have right now - which is saying something. In my research for the groundbreaking article, I managed to stumble upon toilet spray, and just how far it really goes. But anyway -- that's a whole other blog post, which I just may write. The bottom line is, I am disgusted by toilet water droplets going into my mouth, and a door swinging out would make my great escape that much quicker. Who cares about whacking the person outside in the face. She shouldn't be standing so close to my stall, anyway - weirdo.
And, well, that's enough bone picking for today. I try to maintain a positive perspective on life, and if I rant and rave too long, I start to see just how alone I am in being normal. Am I really the only normal person on this planet? Such a depressing thought. And don't try to tell me that if I'm the only normal person, maybe I'm not so normal. Trust me. I've heard it all before. Save it for the whales.
Bone picking - done. Let's talk about rainbows and butterflies.
2 comments:
hahaha. i'll just say, I don't get the long hair worn down at the gym either. Sweaty hair grosses me out-- i want it UP!!
No, I'm just as normal as you. Ooh, scary.
Post a Comment