Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Flashback!

I was glancing through some of my 2005 posts today and came across this particular one that I am am about to repost here. It's short (to give your tired, bloodshot eyes a rest since my last epistle) and to the point. I was reminded just how wise my family is, especially my grandma -- who sometimes I think is on crack. Welcome to my family. Enjoy your stay.


Say What? 

June 2005 

Everyone's families have sayings that are said over and over again throughout each family member's lifetime. Mine is no different. Here are a few sayings that I have heard more than once growing up.

1) "Is that a ditch you want to die in?" -Grandma
2) "Want in one hand, poop in the other, and see which hand gets full first." -Grandma
3) "That's funnier than a rubber crutch in a polio ward." -Grandma
4) "Life's not fair." -Dad
5) "Twinkies" (referring to two people who match clothes) - Mom
6) "Remember who you are and whose you are" -Mom and Grandma
7) "Loveyoubye" - Mandy, my aunt
8) "Shut the crap up." -Grandma (okay, so it is was only once. But still. It was hilarious.)
9) "Happy Holidays" - The whole family (it's basically like flipping someone off. It's a long story...)
10) "Never live below the road" -Grandma (We've never figured out why...)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

that is awesome

ktb said...

hahahaha. that's fantastic!

Jess said...

I'm pretty sure your grandma has mentioned things about your mental retardation more than once before, as well.