*His baggage did not arrive with him, and he hopes it will be there by tomorrow, since he has an afternoon flight to where the hospital is! Since he is a boy, he did not pack any toiletries, nor extra underwear in his carry on. I think it's time to find out how the Sherpas dress...
*He was picked up by two men and driven in the dark to his hotel in the Thamel district of Kathmandu (this sounds like the beginning of a great thriller movie...) He said he couldn't see much, but did note a lot of dogs (I'm sure this made him terribly miss his little Archibald baby...) and broken down buildings. And they drove on the left side of the road.
*On the flight he sat next to a guy from Kathmandu who is currently living in Seattle and is a civil engineer. He worked on I15 in Salt lake from 1997 to 2001.
I think he had quite the experience at the airport when he arrived, because he says that he needs to definitely meet me at the airport when I arrive. Oh yes, that is an important fact. I will be meeting him in Kathmandu after he's done at the hospital so that we can visit monasteries, eat curry, and hike.
I'll keep the blog updated for those interested in his journey. Since Tyler is not the most talkative person, I had to threaten and intimidate him into promising to not leave one single detail out in his correspondence to me. So I have faith that he will be obey me. (;
Until I hear from him again, namaste!
| Images from the Kathmandu airport |
| His very tired looking Nepal selfie - proof that he made it alive. |
No comments:
Post a Comment