Robert Frost once said, "
The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning and does not stop until you get into the office." I'm in the office. I will admit, I don't think my brain, as wonderful and dynamic of an organ it might be, really ever realized its full potential when I rolled out of bed this morning and stumbled like a drunken rat to the bathroom. It's a miracle that I made it out the door, actually. There's something about an alarm clock that soothes me. Um, not good. But besides the fact the my hair looked like a lion's mane, and besides the fact that I woke up 30 minutes late (that therapeutic rhythm of BEEEEEP BEEEEEEP BEEEEEEP really does it for me), and besides the fact that I didn't shower (no comments please), I was able to appreciate the great morning. This morning as I walked to the library from the gracious heart of my roommate who drove me, I couldn't help but look around me and notice how there were no EFY kids, or kids from sports camps, or even anyone acting like they were 15. The sky was bright blue, the air was just a little cool, threatening a summer heat, and I even heard a bird sing. It made me remember how much I love mornings (and how much I dislike EFY kids.) Today will be a SPLENDID day.
 |
| Peace |
 |
| Chaos |
Disclaimer: I do not wish to generalize all EFY kids into one category. Just know that when I have to wait in line for a bathroom or get pelted by a Frisbee in the quad, I have issues. Other than that, they can mix and mingle and satisfy their raging adolescent hormones all they want.
No comments:
Post a Comment