Friday, November 11, 2011

A New Approach

I've been thinking a lot about posterity lately. No, I'm not pregnant, nor will I be tomorrow. But should I have children one day in the future, I think I would like them to know who I was -- my quirks, my insanity, my nerdiness, my -- fill in the blank. Unfortuantely, I do not keep a journal. I think I have a dozen or so quarter-filled diaries stashed away in a box somewhere in the shop at my house in Oregon. I can, however, at least commit to a blog. My roommate from this summer has turned her blog into several books, which I think is awesome, so instead of making my entries each so separate and article-like, I'm going to try to keep more of a daily/weekly blog with both stories and happenings. Maybe my mom will actually read, then! (Just kidding, mom!) The only problem I foresee with this plan is that, well, my life is somewhat boring right now. I take comfort in the fact, however, that maybe Paris Hilton thought her life was boring before she began documenting it on the Simple Life. On second thought....So despite the lack of material, I am determined to document! I am a visual person, and will try to incorporate pictures, as well. Maybe I want a camera for Christmas.......hmmmmmmmm.....Maybe I should get a computer that works first......

So to start off my very first post of a new and revolutionary era, I'll tell you right now that it is 1:30 pm on a Friday and I am sitting on my butt on our plastic couch still in my red, flannel Christmas pajamas. I woke up at 7am -- and have been here ever since. I managed to eat a bowl of cheerios, and I talked with my mom on the phone. I think I even peed three times since 7. Welcome to the start of a vibrant and riveting blog, PEOPLE! Until next time...

No comments: