Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Life Thus Far...

Since buying the tickets to Argentina, life has been relatively normal (minus the constant supply of Ramen). We continue to march through the week with work and school. I’ve been able to get almost 40 hours for this pay period which has been both a blessing and a curse at the same time. I don’t know how people work 40 hours on a consistent basis!? And Tyler has started going completely car-free to Provo since we got his bike fixed. He now rides to the trax station, takes the trax to Sandy, catches the bus, and then makes it to Provo two hours later. And two plus two equals??? Four hours of insanity on public transit each day. But this at least forces him to study (or sleep – hmmm….)

Friday night we decided to go retro and I met Tyler in Provo for dinner in the Cougar Eat and a Mexican film at the International Cinema. I am such a nostalgic person that being on campus again in all-too familiar places filled with SO many memories almost stung a little (in a good way) and I realized how much I miss it! Of course, I think it’s so much easier to feel this way in retrospect. I’m sure there were days were I sat in that same Cougar Eat, with my L&T wrap, cursing the world away during Finals Week, trying to hit the undersized freshman sitting at the table next to me with a piece of ham. On Friday, however, I was just reminded of the good times. I told Tyler how fun it was to always go to the International Cinema together. Apparently that was a “good time” I made up, though! Whoops! He claims we never went to it together. I think I just went so much that I assumed everyone I knew had gone with me at some point. Haha. Well now I can say that we had our first date at the IC…

Speaking of bikes, when we fixed Tyler’s flat tire, I had to break out Sophie on Saturday. It was a sunny day in Salt Lake City, but over the years I have come to realize that this is completely and utterly deceiving. And this Oregon girl has still not learned her lesson, apparently. I saw SUN and thought BIKERIDE! And then we froze off our noses and fingers as we rode to Blockbuster a few miles away. Nevertheless, it was great to reunite with my loyal and faithful bicycle, the one and only means of transportation prior to my car. I heart her like unto my own.

Another highlight of late was going to the Utah Jazz vs. Portland Trailblazers game on Monday night. My amazing Thai coworker’s daughter is a Jazz dancer and got us free tickets! I was a little confused as to who to root for, since I grew up knowing the Blazers, but wasn’t a diehard fan. And Tyler is a lifelong Jazz fan. And I was wearing purple. So it was an interesting web I found myself in. But when I saw how crappy both teams were playing, I threw up my hands and didn’t care who won, just as long as someone made some baskets and moved their feet! But that’s just me ranting. Did I mention I love my bike?

Well, that’s life thus far! Thanks for tuning in. Until next time, I’ll be taking Sophie for a spin. Please don’t hit me. I haven’t bought a helmet yet.

No comments: