Saturday, January 05, 2013

Summary by Photograph


OCTOBER 2012
October 13, 2012: Tyler and I met up with my dear hometown and BYU bud, MG, and headed to the University of Portland soccer fields to watch the Cougar women take on the Portland Pilots. When we got there, we were surprised to see half the stands full of BYU fans, and they were even handing out BYU posters. You gotta love BYU. BYU, expected to win, did so, of course. Raw raw raw.
Aunt Rosie and Uncle Ed were awesome hosts (even with that Pilot gear they had going on...). Aunt Rosie works at the University of Portland and scored us the awesome tickets. We're sorry about their loss... :)

Yellow roses for my birthday from some guy...
Most amazing birthday present ever. Bucket and Karen sent this to me. At first I was thoroughly confused. Until I read this...
That's right! The whole book is filled with personalization and Tyler and I have had some hilariously good laughs reading through it.
This sums up the atmosphere of our apartment complex well. They gave these to all the tenants to put up on their door if they didn't want Trick or Treaters. We thought it was a little bah-humbug, to say the least. It could go unsaid that we did not put this up on our door. Nevertheless, we had three trick-or-treaters, and only one of them was shorter than me.

NOVEMBER 2012
Work gave me my Christmas present early--a tablet! So we spent an evening trying it out. This is the only picture I  have of anything we did in November. While this is sad, it at least highlights Tyler's fantastic effort at growing a beard. For those enthralled with his beard, I snagged the following pictures off of Facebook on his school's website highlighting the student body's attempts at beard growing. Presenting, MOVEMBER:

 DECEMBER 2012
We went to Salt Lake City for Christmas! We spent the week playing with Tyler's family, and got to stop and see my grandparents since they're serving a mission at the Church Office Building. We, of course, loved their view.
The cutest missionaries ever.
I stayed the night with them, and on Christmas Eve morning, the weather outside was frightful.  And we enjoyed watching the storm outside (from INSIDE). 
Crazy Grandma played Farkle and Nerts with Grandpa and me.
And I whooped'em good!
For the kids' Christmas presents at the Roseburg celebration upon our return, Tyler and I decided to give the gift of Food Fight. I think we were even more excited than they were. 5 cans of whipped cream, 1 bowl of flour, 2 bags of marshmallows, 2 tubes of pie filling, and 2 bottles of chocolate syrup later...

JANUARY 2013

Tyler and I brought in the New Year playing Farkle, listening to Norah Jones, and eating the last of the junk food (for awhile??) Perfection. 
For our last weekend before Tyler had to start school again (cue the Death March), we headed up to Salem, Oregon's capital city, to visit the Oregon State Hospital Museum (formerly known as the Oregon State Insane Asylum). OH YES. 
This was used as physiotherapy. I posed because I technically am certified to use machines like this. I've always aspired to work in an insane asylum. (No comments please)
If we had had the time, we could've strapped Tyler down on this oh-so-cozy table and done a lobotomy. 
Where's one when you need one?!
Western students rotate through the hospital. I warned Tyler to steer clear, because once he goes in, they may never let him out...
Look Ma! It's the Roseburg News Review! (circa 1924)
For American pop culture buffs, this is the hospital where they filmed, "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest." Dr. Dean Brooks was the superintendent of the hospital and also played one of the doctors in the movie. 

If you squint, you can see little Tyler!
They're flying over the cuckoo's nest!! HAHAHAHAHAHA (I thought it was brilliant, anyway)
Our romantic date.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I love One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest! Jealous that you got to go to the place where it was filmed.