Sunday, December 22, 2013

The Fall in a Nutshell...

1. Went on a quick road trip to Seattle to see funny friends...

2. Mr. Earley goes to Washington (for a Lifestyle Medicine Conference)...

 3. Ran our first Half Marathon. It. Was. Awesome. And I couldn't walk for days afterwards...

4. Played at the corn maze and pumpkin patch with the Youngs for my birthday!

5. Went Trick-or-Treating for the first time in a long time (and carved our pumpkins, next to a horrific spider)...


 6. Shockingly discovered we were pregnant (and thought we may not have to borrow kids for Halloween anymore), only to find out later that we had an anembryonic pregnancy (the embryo stopped progressing, leaving just the gestational sack.) Fortunately we were able to get an ultrasound quickly after the positive test results and knew right away what was going on. Unfortunately I still had to deal with the normal pregnancy symptoms (I can never eat mashed potatoes again...) until everything cleared itself out. Another name for this is a "blighted ovum." So we named our ovum Omar, and decided he was Latino, and thus the chromosomal confusion (given the fact that despite our love for Mexican food and Latin America, we are not). After trying for a year and a half, it of course came as a disappointment, but for now we're just enjoying being able to sleep in for as long as we want! (And yes, I took three pregnancy tests because I was mystified. That number may or may not have increased later...)

El fin.








No comments: