Ok, so I had a nice break from my blog, but it is time to get back at it. And so much has happend since I wrote last. This entry will be a summary of my life since I wrote last...sorry for the boring details:
Well, I graduated from high school. It's a wierd feeling. It really is. I don't ever have to go to school again if I choose not to. I can simply exist. I can move anywhere in the world. Wow. I am free. But anyway, this last week's events were quite emotional and surreal.
I'll start with our last day of school last Thursday. I didn't cry, unlike some people. Some were just blabbering beside themselves. I, however, was of the mindset: "Everyone is getting on my nerves. I'm so ready to get outta here!" I was sick, so I was easily irritated. And I just wanted to get home and take some cold medicine! That night I went to a church play with my mom, and then I headed out to the Bitter's house to watch "Grease." This is an amazing movie, I must profess. It's cheesy in just the right way!
Friday was practice for graduation. It was incredibly boring, but I was pleasantly suprised to find that I was seated next to Ashley. We kept eachother entertained nicely. We started at 9:30 and got done like at 12:30. Everyone's names had to be read through like in the real thing. It was amazing to see the amount of students who who I had never seen before in my life. I didn't recognize so many graduating. It's kind of sad, in a way. I've probably gone to school with some of these kids for all four years, and have never even noticed them. I have to ask myself, was it because they were the ones wanting to go unoticed, or was I simply too wrapped up in my own life to even care. It's an interesting question...Anyway, the practice was long, but it soon, in time, ended, and we were allowed to go home. I left with two "gold" medals, my gown and cap and tassle, and a couple of other things. I laughed at all of the stuff I would have to wear on graduation day. I was pretty much just bling-blingin' and the whole thing seemed somewhat absurd. That night was Baccelorate or however the heck you spell it. It was at St. Joseph's. The ceremony was nice, I thought. I didn't get emotional however. It didn't "touch" me or anything like that. Besides, remember my attitude on the last day of school? It was still kind of there. So I suprised myself with what happened that evening. At the end of the service, all the seniors who were there lined up in a circle as we watched the senior video that they played at the assembly. And then Scott B. gets up and says, "Look around you..." blah, blah, blah and then Kyndra comes up and gives me a hug and -----I start bawling! Me, who rarely is seen crying in public just let all loose. It just sort of "popped" our I guess. So then Kyndra starts crying and Lacey starts up, and people are all giving me hugs and I try to say stuff and they only come out as teary yelps from my throat. I guess that it all just really hit me at the moment as I took a good look at most of my best friends around me and knew that this weekend would be the last time I saw some of them in a real setting. Plus the fact that I was GRADUATING from high school probably surfaced up through my esophogus and I realized how big a step this is, how much of a rite of passage it acts as. So that's the scoop on that.
Saturday I helpd get things ready for my party on Sunday and then I hit five or six parties. I totally spaced the times on two parties, so sorry kenneth. We really meant to come! But thanks for being a champ and coming to mine anyways! :)
Sunday was the big day. I had earings to match my dress. I was set. I went to church that morning and then left early to go get ready. It was the PERFECT weather for the occasion. I couldn't have asked for better weather. As I sat in the gym waiting to walk out onto the field, I still couldn't grasp the fact that this was all happening. It always seemed like older kids did it. Not me. It was something I always saw in the future, not the present. So Ash and I had a hard time accepting the fact that we were just about to enter the real world. Finally Mrs. G said to us, "You are the class of - " and we shouted "2005!" and then walked out onto Finlay Field. It was cool, to say the least. I enjoyed Bentley's speech, as well as Thomas'. I was hot in the black robes and wished I could roll up my sleeves...I could have gotten a killer tan! When it was all said and done, we did the whole picture thing afterwards and then headed to my party which had started 40 minutes ago from the time we left. So I was whisked out of the car and into a group of vulture like congratulators waiting to tell me how proud they were of me. As I mentioned before in a previous post, i hate small talk, so you can imagine three hours of it centered just around me. Besides that, I'm really glad at how my party turned out. My family did an amazing job of putting it together. And thanks to everyone who came! I really appreciated it. JennaChan: Thanks for the frame and flippin' sweet picture! That rocked! Ken: Thanks for the lovely card. Mal: Thanks for the green. Marissa: Diddo. And to anyone else who read this and got me something: Muchas Gracias amigos. Official thank you cards will be coming eventually! I ended up with a laptop for college, which I am typing on write now. It's my new baby Dell. And then I added up my money and had over $1000. I was psyched and filled my bank account today. Never has there been more of a glorious day!
Sunday night was Grad Night. I got there around 10:00. I played BINGO and came away empty handed. I played the Blackjack tables and pooled my winnings with Marez to get a George Foreman Grill...sweet. I coached a basketball team of three girls. It was awseome. Kyndra and I were co-coaches and threw our clipboard and did the whole 9 yards. I won a wrench in the raffle drawing. I was stoked. I always wanted a wrench! By the time it hit 2:00, everyone was pretty much ready to leave. However, we had to sit around until 4:30. But I had fun and was too tired to be emotional and just wanted to get home. I slept until 2:00 p.m.
Yesterday I woke up and went straight to see the movie, "The Sisterhood of the Travleling Pants." Total chick flick and I loved every minute of it! I also hit yogurt country, which just made my week. Then two of my best friends who are home from college in Virginia spent the night and we camped out on the trampoline. It was a classic way to bring in the summer. If you've never slept on a tramp under the stars, you've never lived.
Today I've babysat all day--my little brother. And I had an interesting experience with him. I wondered where he was, and finally I heard him crying. He wouldn't let me in the bathroom. Finally he let me in and he was naked and had pooped AND peeed in the toilet. But that wasn't the bad thing! He was not crying because there was poop smeared up his butt. No, he had lost his car - in the toilet. To my sheer horror, his little green car was nestled in among the brown pieces of feces swirled in a dirty yellow. And he wanted me to get it out! So....I did what any good babysitter did. Gagging, I stuck my hand in the toilet and pulled out the toy. Then I washed all of my rings and bracelts for like fifteen minutes. I was thoroughly disgusted!
So yeah, sorry for the long update. I just felt I need to blabber and get my blog caught up to date on the lovely aspects of my life. Ok, I'm off to see Mr. and Mrs. Smith at 6:15. And then I'm running! Thompson Out.
2 comments:
Haha. Thanks Ken. And don't say have an awseome summer because we need to still hang out with the gang. Saying that means "See ya. I won't ever talk to you again" type thing. Karla still awaits... :)
What a great big sister.
By the way, don't you think Ryan Seacrest has a copyright on the "Seacrest out" thing?
Post a Comment