Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A Promise Kept

It's almost that time again...yet another shopping trip in our beloved little town. We've hit three stores already and I think we pretty much exhausted the "city." Did I mention our 7am stocking stuffer adventure at Wal-Mart this morning? I never thought I'd see the day when I'd join the seven other eager people outside our local Wal-Mart, waiting anxiously for the front doors to open. I've always wanted to rush the doors, thrusting my elbows out in front of me to thwart off anyone who may be be trying to beat me to that tube of toothpaste that I've had my eye on for oh so long. Alas, with only a mere seven of us, I was forced to knock over the old woman in the rocker. Ok, not really. And the other lady wasn't wearing a bra -- typical -- and I wasn't even going there. I tell this all to you because as I put back on my boots and pop in a piece of gum, ready to do Round 2 of the day, it leaves me little time to blog. Normally this would not matter, as I have gone years without blogging, but during these two weeks, I have sworn with my own blood that I would write every day for my roommate Dark Horse. I think I even put my hand on a gardenburger. It's that serious.

And with that said, I have a 9 year old freckled face red head with glasses looking over my shoulder saying that it's time to "head into town!" So I must humor him. Happy Holidays to all.

No comments: