Well, I finally realized that it has, in fact, been quite a long time since I updated this blog. I don't really know why I haven't updated it. I've been home. I haven't been in Europe or anything, unlike some people. So I have no excuses. But, I have a renewed since of desire to write on this blog, and so I shall.
Here is a look at what's been going on in my life since I last entered the cyberworld:
1. Omar
I did my time at the FARM. I was finally finished. No more blasted blueberries for me. It was the middle of July -- and I was free. So, I took one last longing look at the rows upon rows of blueberries, and left. Well, the story gets quite interesting. I wasn't able to leave all the farm behind me, apparently. Many of you probably remember the Mexican boy Omar, whom Angelica mentioned in a comment on an earlier post was married. However, I found out that he in fact wasn't, and, as he put it, just had a "serious girlfriend for two years." So I worked out front at the farm doing the U-Pick stuff. And he worked out front operating the four wheeler. And he kept on talking to me. Well, that's fine. It was fun trying out my Spanish on someone who didn't know English very well. Soon, however, I could tell that his friendly conversation was getting a little friendlier than I wanted. One day as I was cleaning buckets, he came up to wash his hands and asked me if I wanted to go see an "American Movie" with him and eat Mexcian Food. With Michael also there at the Farm (as well as on my mind), I avoided having to give Omar an answer and said we could talk about later. And then I left. Well the next day he was more friendlier than ever and even brought me candy and bought me a pop. Ok, so it was fun to write on my blog that Omar was caliente, but it was merely an observation with no substance behind it, and I wanted it to remain as such. Luckily, I was able to avoid the topic again for the rest of the time at the farm. Then, the last day came: Omar kept on asking me if it were my last day and kept on telling me when his last day was. I was on my way to Portland and would be home that Sunday, but I told him I might stay up there for a couple weeks (a little white lie never hurt anyone, right??) He was in a really strange mood. He was pouting, actually, I do believe. And then he asked me for my msn messenger, which stupidly I gave him and later blocked. But still, I was unable to escape him as he turned obsessive. I was out with friends one night when my stepdad called and told me that Omar had called my house. Now, I did not give him my phone number, which meant he found it in farm records or something. Kent told him I was out with friends and that was it. Well, he called back three more times that night. The next day he called seven or eight times, many of the calls right after one another. I didn't answer any of them. Finally Kent answered and Omar hung up on him. The calls continued for three whole days. I was, to say the least, a little freaked out (not to mention the fact that Micheal wanted to break both of his arms). I think, however, that Omar has finally returned to Mexico. The calls have stopped and I have returned to a normal life (or as normal as I could ever be.)
2. I have floated the river three times and will float it two more times this weekend.
3. Our kitchen was ripped up and I now make breakfast in our garage
4. We got sweet hookups and went to the Nike Employee store where everything is the lastest designs but half off. I picked up some sweet pairs of shoes.
5. Went on a roadtrip to K. Falls with two of my best friends, Danni and Elli. We drove in their 1988 Plymoth Sundance that doesn't have functioning air conditioning. Driving down to Medford, we kept all the windows down, the music blasting and had sweat all dripping down our backs. We were on our way to watch their little brother play in the Babe Ruth State tournament. They won. In K. Falls, we decided to hit the town. And boy did we party it up. Us three girls in a rusting Sundance went to Safeway, Goodwill, and Big 5. It was quite the rush. And then we layed by the pool for 2 1/2 hours, forgetting that the higher elevation means faster sunburn. I got fried. But isn't it a good feeling? :)
BREAKING NEWS: I'm watching the news right now on TV and the headline reads: Omar suspected of trying to bomb train near warren St. Stop. (Meaning in London.) I knew he was not to be trusted...
Anway, we came home from K. Falls and stopped at Crater Lake and hiked Tokatee Falls. It was a fun roadtrip....
6. I hiked Falls Cr. Falls and Susan Cr. Falls and climed up into the falls and swam in them. It was quite adventerous of us, I know. We drew an audience of out of state hikers who were probably enthralled with the customs of the locals...
7. I watched Ferris Bueller's Day Off for the first time
8. I tried an apricot and salami sandwhich for the first time
9. I saw "War of the World" which I didn't care for that much...not a big sci-fi fan
10. Got to drive my stepdad's lifted F-250 Four Door truck for three days. I felt quite powerful. It's diesal too!
Well, that's a quick update on my life lately...I will actually write intersting blogs later.
2 comments:
Jessi-caca,
I'm a little saddened by the lastest update with Senor Omar. He's sounds pretty...creepy. I think it might have been better had he been married. On a better note your outings sound quite fun. Your life sounds much more eventful than mine. Although I did happen to terd attack Kennethen's car last night. You'll have to ask him about it. I think he will be "re-waxing" his car today. I hope he gets a sunburn. Anyways, I enjoyed your update. I will go back to doing absolutely nothing with my life and enjoying it immensely. Cheerio!
Angelica
Wow, I've always known you'd never be the one to win the spelling bee, but I did think you were capable of using the spell check button. Perhaps I should give you a lesson. Speaking of which, I haven't seen you for any period of time since...forever, so you freakin' need to call me. I think we're now both somewhat free, maybe at the same time, and I still haven't watched "Splash"!
Post a Comment