It was 1:00 in the morning. Thunder bellowed outside our window and the large trees scraped against the building. Indeed, there was a storm in Provo--and in our dorm.
As Jamie and I lay in the dark trying to sleep, the thoughts of early morning classes the next day running through our minds, we heard THE LAUGH. Even the laugh of our neighbor.
There is a girl named Angela who lives next door. She is somewhat of a bigger girl, and with that stature, she has been blessed with a voice to match it. Even her quiet chuckle could rival the 9.5 magnitude earthquake that I hear Utah is due for. And so there we were: In bed, in the wee hours of the morning, listening to her LOUD laugh coming through the thick concrete and brick walls. It wasn't as big of a deal as it was when we first moved in. We had, as my psychology class pointedly teaches, become coniditioned to the noise, and it almost blended with the raging wind that ripped past our window (Okay, so not really. It was freaking ANNOYING!)
In response to the LOUD laughter, Jamie banged on the wall, not neccessarily being serious, but at the same time truly wanting the noise to stop. Consequently, a loud, "We're SORRRRRRRRRY...." came from the next room. Whoops. Jamie didn't think they'd take us seriously. However, we did have serious classes to attend in six hours.
And so the situation was. It existed only in that moment, and then as the day progressed, we forgot about, finding no reason to dwell on the fact that they had taken us seriously. Fast Forward to later that night:
I was sitting at my laptop, talking on MSN (a routine habit of mine) when I heard voices and sensed movement outside my door. Like a stealth secret agent, I creeped towards the door handle and thrust it open. I was immediately greeted with backs of heads, running feet, and screaming/laughing girls. As the door next door slammed shut, I looked down at my feet and saw what they had done. Rubi and Angela had left us a ton of food, each item bearing a note. The series of notes made up an apology note. It was extremely cute, and I took pictures and posted them on my PHOTOBUCKET for those interested. Angela then came into our room so she could see how loud their room is through the walls, and sure enough, she was shocked to hear that one can hear EVERYTHING! It was quite amusing for both of us. And so, there is the apology story.
Meanwhile, we were preparing to go to the dorm-wide country fair. There are about seven towers to my dorm complex, and apparently they were throwing a carnival for all the residents. And so Jamie, another girl Colleen, and I hit the party. Well, there was a dance--a "dance." It was really nothing to jump up and down about. Although someone shot a high-pressured hose through the doorway soaking all of us in a shockingly cold manner. And then I also noticed a very large guy wearing my exact pants --girl jeans from American Eagle. Ok, that's just wrong and I will never understand that trend. Then we had the marvelous opportunity to jump on a huge inflatible trampoline thing that was supposed to be a Twister board, however, everyone only wanted to jump. Later, I threw some balls at milk cans, ate some cotton candy, almost lost the cotton candy as I watched a disgusting eating contest of an unknown substance, and watched various RA's getting dunked in the dunk tank. During the whole night, memories of the Hucrest carnival kept running through my head, especially as I witnessed a cake walk taking place --always a favorite event of mine at the carnival! Anyway, that was the evening....I'm telling you, girl pants on guys is WRONG. (Pictures of the evening are also available on PHOTOBUCKET, including the guy wearing my pants!)
And so here I am, on my laptop. It is 11:30 am MST. I should be doing homework, but what's new? I did however, get up at 7:15 to go to a PSYCH study group at the library. I'm incredibly happy with myself for doing so (though I must have been too excited, since I spilled my chocolate milk all over my cereal, fruit, tray and fruit bar...) I'm considering going to the football game vs. Eastern Illinois. I may. It's a really nice day, so it would be fun. I have tickets. I might as well use them, right?
Ok, well there you go. That's the news up until now. Feel free to send mail. I'm so elated. This week I recieved a package Wednesday, Thursday, AND Friday (granted, one was ink from DELL for my printer--nevertheless, MAIL!) So send me letters, notes, lovely drawn pictures of pretty rainbows and apple trees!
Till next time---I have to use the bathroom! Goodbye!
No comments:
Post a Comment