Monday, September 05, 2005

My weekend at BYU

Well, the weekend is coming to a close. It's 1:00 am and I am not even tired. It must be that BYU creamery sunday I had at dinner tonight. Anyway, here is rundown on the latest...

Thursday night Jamie and I went to the women's volleyball game vs. Montana State. BYU won--no contest.

Friday night I went to a piano recital. It was very cool. It was duo piano players. And only at BYU is a recital hall so jam-packed that people are asked to leave.

Saturday I went to the BYU vs. Boston College football game and BYU got beaten fairly bad. It was tremendously hot. Before the game, since there are so many Somoan and Tongan football players on the team, the team got in front of the student section and did a tongan war dance thing. It was really cool. The somoans next to us were going crazy! Later that night i went and played pickup volleyball with a bunch of guys--who were from southern california and really good! Later that night I watched four episodes of Gilmore Girls. I LOVE that show!

Sunday we had church. And then we ate dinner. And then we hung out in our rooms for awhile, spending forever trying to find a song and clever saying for our answer machine. In the midst of this, we hear slow country music playing outside in the hallway. We follow the music and find twoo guys and two girls dancing. Again, only at BYU. To our suprise, the guys then asked Jamie and I if we wanted to dance. Jamie told them no, but of course I was up for the adventure so I said WE would love to. We danced in the hall to some country song. Following the quick promonade, the boys continued on down the hall with their cd player and knocked on all the doors on our floor asking girls to dance with them. It was quite entertaining. One was from Illinois and the other from Upstate New York (no, not polka boy). So yeah, that was a highlight of the evening. The dancing brought the girls out of their deep dark holes and into the hallway. This was the first time that we were all outside of our rooms at the same time (except for church). We just talked and checked out eatchother's rooms. One roomate duo had a happy drawer of food. They're from San Diego. We all decided we needed to get to know eachother better. It was definitely a vital step in my connection with BYU. Later in the night, we met as a ward again at 9:00. At 10:00 p.m. we went "tunnel singing." Anyone who wants to go meets at a tunnel that goes under a road and they bring hymn books and flashlights. Then we sing church hymns for an hour. It really is quite amazing. If there's one thing to say about BYU students, it's that they have amazing voices and sound like a choir without even trying. It really was cool. And then we came back to our dorm at 11:00 pm and here I am chatting on MSN and updating my photobucket.

So yeah, a pretty basic update, but it needed to be done. Anyway, I am SO sleeping in tomorrow! I stay up WAY too late these days.

Till Tomorrow, stay classic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jessi-caca,

Hello dear friend. You have had a lack of comments lately and I just wanted you to know that I still faithfully read along. I will miss you at school on... Wednesday. I will have no one to scare as I hide behind bushes. I will mourn your absence in my every waking moment. Have a good time at college dancing and carrying on. I will be attending the football games and thinking of the time I will see you next.