Did anyone see the sky tonight? I'm pretty sure it was amazing! First of all, the sunset from our back deck overlooking the Valley was amazing. I sat and watched the sun set completely behind the mountains. They're weird, sunsets. There's just something about them that instills a peaceful and calming feeling. I don't know if you can even muster up word that encompasses all that a sunset is, really. Ok, well that was all getting a little cheesy, but you know what I mean. I was just in awe of the pallate of colors across the sky.
Now, as I write this blog entry, I sit in my room with the light off, only the computer screen giving light. Outside my window are bright flashes of lightening that brighten up my entire room. The thunder follows. Does anyone like thunder/lightening storms as much as I do? After being inside following the sunset, I returned to the deck. This time, the sky was pitch black with dark, billowy clouds stretching across the horizon. Suddenly there would be a huge lightening bolt shoot down and it seemed to strike the mountains. It was incredible. It would light up the entire sky with bright flashes. Behind the clouds there would be bursts of white. And then the thunder would rumble in the far off distance, luckily meaning that the lightening was far away (so I could keep on holding onto that ten foot metal pole with a pointy top.)
Anyway, I realize this entry is corny, but I was really taken back at the beauty of nature. It leaves you full of unanswerable questions and yet, doesn't make you want to know any answers. Letting it simply exist is enough.
1 comment:
Haha. Only Ken would comment on my blog this late and that quick. I love it! PS: I hear you have a girlfriend now. Wierd. JUST KIDDING! :) You guys will have fun!
Post a Comment